Ladies and Gentlemen
The sun is shining mightily but it is not having much of an effect on winter. So the Canadian Coast Guard will help things along with a little ice-breaking in
on Tuesday. Midland Bay
Recap: Wednesday last week was the public meeting on the “taxi issue”. About 35 people in attendance including the four taxi companies. Good ideas presented both for and against metering and what the “fare level” should be. The matter will now go before a meeting of Council.
Recap: Thursday last week was the public meeting on the “Employment Area report”. Forty people attended, including some of our Town’s major employers. The message from those who spoke was unequivocal – they wanted more flexibility with our industrial land designation. All agreed that this was a critical issue for our economic future.
Monday March 28th at your Council meets in camera at the NSSRC to discuss “personnel matters”. Then at is the regular Council meeting. Items on the agenda include:
- a deputation by Ms. Trudeau to rename the
Park Road through Little Lake Park.
- A Public Meeting to get your input on the new Fees and Charges schedule affecting a number of Town services, such as secondary suite inspections
- Decisions on a number of upcoming summer events including:
o The downtown Farmers Market
o Party of the Dock
Day Parade Canada
- Presentation of our proposal for the joint police service to cover
and Penetanguishene Midland
On Wednesday March 30th, two items:
- at at the NSSRC is the Askennonia
- at at the Library is an in camera meeting of Council to discuss its strategic plan. Its expected with the in camera items out of the way, the next meeting will be open to the public.
And on Friday at Garfield Dunlop MPP has invited area politicians to a meeting at the Elmvale Community Centre to hear concerns about the provincial growth plan. This is the same growth plan that gave us our joint urban growth node designation.
In closing please remember that we need beds for our hospital. Please vote every day at http://www.refresheverything.ca/light-registration.